Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations, Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia in co-operation with the cordoba Initative
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
An international action-oriented conference
with participants drawn from
government, civil society, business, media and religion.
The Conference had two principal objectives:
- Arrive at an operational definition of the gap, and identify a list of general problem areas and issues driving the divide between Muslims and non-Muslims. such a definition was aimed at shaping future projects and measuring progress in bridging the gap;
- Identify and propose specific strategies and projects that would help solve one or more of the above problem areas and issues.
The Conference focused on four key areas:
- Improving Muslim-West Engagement
- Understanding Islam in Contemporary Global Contexts
- Improving Traditional and non-Traditional Public Diplomacy Programs, and
- Preventing Emerging Muslim-West Crises